BW RigRat - Transportable Area Gas Monitor
Honeywell BW RigRat brings a new level of user-friendliness to Transportable Multi-Gas Area Monitors, so your people can work with confidence in hazardous areas. Simply place the monitor nearby, and it will alert workers to area gas threats so they can take action.
The BW RigRat Transportable Area Monitor complements your personal gas detectors, protecting workers wherever they’re at risk. Unlike some transportable area monitors, the BW RigRat is fully self-contained — with no need to repurpose your personal gas detectors for an area monitoring application. Continue using your existing personal detectors to monitor workers’ breathing zone, while using the BW RigRat to monitor an area.
Up to six gas sensors installed in a unit — with the flexibility to switch them out as your needs change. Choose from more than 15 4R+ sensors for toxic gases, oxygen, and combustible gases at the lower explosive limit (LEL). A photo-ionization detector (PID) for volatile organic compounds and Infrared sensors for highly flammable gases.
Perimeter or Area Monitoring without the need for cables
Honeywell BW RigRat - Connect to Form a Wireless Safety Perimeter
As part of Honeywell’s Connected Worker portfolio, Honeywell BW RigRat simplifies your daily challenges in safety, compliance and productivity.
Want to monitor a large area with high-risk work? Create a safety perimeter around a tank or pipe?
Simply position several Honeywell BW RigRat Area Monitors to form a wireless chain, no cables no troublesome set-up, licenses or using your portables on the monitor.
Instant threat awareness
When one monitor alarms, they all alarm, notifying workers of a gas leak in the area so they can stop working or evacuate.
No broken chains.
Need to remove a monitor from the chain? Have no fear that one missing link will take down the rest. Instead, if you remove one Honeywell BW RigRat, the rest of the chain continues operating as normal.
Wireless assistant for easy setup and troubleshooting
How strong is the wireless connection between your monitors? Simply navigate to the Wireless Assistant screen to see the signal strength for each monitor, so you can reposition monitors as needed.
Connect to the TouchPoint Plus Controller for Visibility on Area Monitors and Personal Detectors
Everything about Honeywell BW RigRat is easy, and that includes control. Use it with Honeywell’s Touchpoint Plus, a touchscreen wireless controller for up to 72 channels of gas detection.
- See the gas readings of all your Honeywell BW RigRat monitors, and program outputs such as lights,
horns, fans or shutdowns
- No cables. Since Touchpoint Plus is wireless, it’s easy to connect — with no damage-prone cables that take days to install
- Integrate area monitors and personal detectors
Do you have a team of workers using Honeywell BW RigRats along with wireless personal gas detectors? Use the Honeywell BW RigRat as a hub that connects them to the controller. So if a personal detector goes into alarm, you will know it with centralized control.
Honeywell BW RigRat - Data Sheet
- Up to 8 weeks of run time on a single charge
- Up to six slots for interchangeable gas sensors
- Integrated noise sensor and meteorological data sensors
- Highly configurable with programmable input and output
- Approval for explosive atmosphere
- Flexible applications
- One-button operation
- Simple setup with a smartphone
- Added protection
- Wireless safety perimeter
- Remote monitoring
- Honeywell TouchPoint Plus compatible
- Line power for extended run time in the field
- I/O ports providing additional input capabilities and local executive activation
- Inert mode that prevents alarm in normal ambient air
- Large, easy to read display
- Rugged, weatherproof design, with optional protective cage