FL500 UV/IR Hydrogen Flame Detector
The FL500 UV/IR Hydrogen Flame Detector is an Ultraviolet / Infrared flame detector designed specifically to detect hydrogen (H2) fires. The FL500-H2 optical flame detector monitors for radiation emitted by a hydrogen flame in both the ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) spectral ranges. This UV/IR combination provides a fast response time and increased false alarm immunity against sources of radiation for reliable protection.
A UV/IR flame detector combines an ultraviolet (UV) sensor for quick response and an infrared (IR) sensor that monitors radiation emitted by a hydrogen flame. This combination offers increased immunity, operates at faster speeds and is suited for both indoor and outdoor use.
SAFETY INTEGRITY SELF-CHECK
Every two minutes, a built in self-check known as Continuous Optical Path Monitoring (COPM) performs an optical and electrical check to ensure the optical path is clear and the electronic circuitry is operational.
Stainless steel housing, three LED status indicators, reduced footprint, and simplified wiring make the FL500 easy to install and maintain.
RELIABLE TESTING ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
The FL500 can be tested with our exclusive TL105 Test Lamp, which simulates the flickering of a fire. This allows the detector to be tested under simulated fire conditions without the associated risk of an open flame.
FL500 UV/IR H2 Flame Detector Brochure
- Proven Technology. UV/IR flame detection uses an ultraviolet and an infrared detector to monitor for flames increasing false alarm immunity by measuring two different flame spectrums.
- Wide Field of View. 130° cone of vision covers greater distance.
- Safety Integrity Self-Check. Continuous Optical Path Monitoring (COPM) performs self-check every two minutes to ensure the optical path is clear and the electronic circuitry is functional.
- Test Anytime, Anywhere. Easily test with our exclusive TL105 Test Lamp that allows the FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector to be safely tested under real fire conditions with a simulated flicker of a flame.
- Withstands Extremes. Wide operating temperature range (-55°C to +85°C) permits operation in extreme environments.
- Status at a Glance. Three LED status indicators for warning, alarm, and normal operations.
- Rugged Housing. 316 stainless steel housing to withstand the harshest environments
- Multiple Output Options. Industry standard 4-20 mA (source or sink analog), Modbus, HART, relays