MSA ALTAIR 4X Gas Detector
The MSA Altair 4X Gas Detector is an extremely durable Multi-gas Detector. It simultaneously measures up to four gases from a wide range of XCell sensor options. These sensors include flammable gases (LEL), O₂, CO, H₂S, and NO₂.
MSA ALTAIR 4X surpasses industry standards in several crucial areas. Its four-year sensor life is 60% longer than the industry average, while its 24-hour run time exceeds the industry average by 71%. This versatile portable detector is a perfect match for industries ranging from fire fighting to welding. Digital sensor output makes it less likely to suffer from Radio Frequency interference.
Altair 4X features exclusive Motion Alert, which lets others know if the user has become immobile, and this allows fellow workers to implement a rescue plan.
The detector also features an Instant Alert, and this is a manual alarm that alerts other workers of potentially dangerous situations. This rugged portable gas detector is designed to withstand a drop of up to 6m. A key feature of the Atair 4X is the low usage of calibration gas compared to the industry average. This results in lower usage of calibration gas and subsequently saves money by using less calibration gas.
Altair 4X has been discontinued and replaced with the Altair 4XR
What is the difference between the MSA Altair 4X & the MSA Altair 4xR Detector?
The Altair 4xR now comes with added advanced features, and the biggest one is Bluetooth. The Altair 4XR uses the same revolutionary MSA XCell sensors and extreme durability but with the capability of displaying the readings on seperate device using the MSA Altair Connect APP.
The Altair 4XR fits straight into the Galaxy GX2 Auto bump/calibration unit, and is functionally the same reliable detector.
Can the MSA Altair 4X still be used, calibrated and maintained?
The Altair 4x can absolutely still be maintained, calibrated and repaired. Most spare parts are exactly the same, so no problem continuing to service and repair the MSA Altair 4x Detectors now and in the future.
MSA Altair 4X Gas Detector - Glow Case
Altair 4X Gas Detector Features
- Dependable multi-gas detector tests for LEL, oxygen, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulfide and nitrogen dioxide
- Economical construction saves users more than 50% on calibration gas, replacement sensors and maintenance
- Four-year sensor life means detector lasts 60% longer than the industry average
- Unit uses 50% less calibration gas per minute than the average detectors within the industry
- Two-tox CO/H2S sensor removes practically all cross-channel interference
- Large buttons and high-contrast screen make operation easy in low-light conditions
- Ribbed rubber housing provides secure grip and high durability
- Unit features 95+ db alarm and ultra-bright LEDs
- Exclusive end-of-sensor warning cautions user when unit’s sensor needs to be changed
- Motion Alert option tells others that user has become immobile
- Instant Alert provides manual alarm to alert others of a dangerous situation
MSA ALTAIR 4X Multi-gas Detector Features XCell Sensor Technology
Altair 4X - Built on Durability
The ALTAIR 4X Multi-Gas Detector for LEL, O2, CO, H2S is as tough and functional as it looks. A rugged housing provides unsurpassed durability, including the ability to survive a 20-foot drop.
With the large, glove-friendly buttons and a high-contrast display, the ALTAIR 4X Gas Detector is easy to operate in any work environment, even low-light conditions. Toughness and durability aren’t the whole story. The real strength of the ALTAIR 4X Multi-gas Detector comes from new sensor technology. MSA XCell Sensors have a typical life of more than four years, double the industry average, and are engineered using MSA’s proprietary application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) design.
Altair 4X - Powered by Performance
By miniaturizing sensor controlling electronics and placing them inside the sensor itself, MSA XCell Sensors offer superior stability, accuracy and repeatability.
MSA XCell Sensors are a breakthrough in chemical and mechanical sensor design, enabling faster response and span calibration times. With less time spent on calibration and bump tests, you save calibration gas, maintenance costs and in turn, save money. But most importantly, in your industry, saving seconds on response time can also mean saving lives.