Altair 5X Multi-Gas Detector
The Altair 5X Multi-Gas Detector from MSA is fitted with rapid-response MSA XCell sensors. The ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector is the toughest multi-gas detector on the market and is backed by a 3-year warranty. The ALTAIR 5X can also provide real-time incident awareness to team members, supervisors, safety managers. This is done when paired with the MSA ALTAIR Connect app via a Bluetooth wireless connection.
MSA ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector is a multi-gas detector capable of detecting up to six gases LEL, O2, H2S, CO, NO2, NH3, HCN, SO2, PID (VOC’s) at the same time. The portable gas detector is as solid and functional as it looks.
It boasts a robust IP68 housing (dust and waterproof) and offers unmatched durability. The ALTAIR 5X Multi-Gas Detector features, glove-friendly buttons and an easy to read display. High contrast, the ALTAIR 5X Portable Gas Detector is easy to operate in any environment. Exclusive safety features like Motion and Instant Alert makes the ALTAIR 5X Gas Detector ideal for applications such as entering confined spaces.
Motion Alert sensor activates when a user became unwell and was motionless, which others are drawn to the location of the motionless user quickly and with a simple press of a button, users with the Instant Alert function manually alerting others to potentially dangerous situations.
Altair 5X Portable Gas Detector - Up to 6 Gases Simultaneously
Don’t Leave Safety in a Confined Space to Chance! Reliable Portable Gas Detectors
MSA ALTAIR 5X Portable Gas Detector is fitted with XCell sensors for exotic gases like SO2, NO2, Cl2, and NH3 for expanded monitoring applications
- Sensor response and clear times in less than 15 seconds for most common sensor configurations
- Bump test in less than 15 seconds for most common sensor configurations
- Span calibration time of 60 seconds for most common sensor configurations
- Greater signal stability and repeatability under changing or extreme environmental conditions
- All XCell Sensors are capable of plug-and-play installation for easy reconfiguration
With reliable, extended-life XCell Sensors in the MSA Altair 5X Portable Gas Detector, there’s no need to replace sensors after two years.
- Typical life greater than four years for combustible, O2, CO/H2S, NO2, and SO2 sensors
- Typical life greater than three years for NH3and Cl2sensors
- Combustible sensor proprietary operating mode helps maintain poison-resistance throughout sensor life
- End-of-sensor-life warning gives advanced notice to user, reducing service outages
- Three-year back-to-back instrument warranty includes CO/H2S/O2/LEL/SO2, NO2 XCell and Infra-Red sensors
- Two-year warranty on NH3and Cl2; minimum 12-month warranty on other sensors
Altair 5X Multi-Gas Detector Features Bluetooth Wireless Technology
By incorporating Bluetooth as a standard feature in Portable Gas Detectors, MSA brings the benefits of wireless safety to everyone. By downloading the free MSA ALTAIR Connect App from Google Play, any compatible Android device becomes an enhanced safety and productivity tool when paired with the ALTAIR 5X Detector.
Features of ALTAIR 5X Multi-Gas Detector Wireless Technology
MSA Altair 5X Portable Gas Detector Display
- Receive gas detection readings and man-down alerts
- Configure instruments remotely
- Automate gas detector records and events
- Drive greater productivity and greater workflow efficiency
- Achieve supervisory awareness of worker safety
- Send gas alarms via text
- The Altair 5X Portable Gas detector Detects combustible gases in LEL and/or volume percentage range, oxygen, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, sulfur dioxide, ammonia, chlorine, VOCs, and many others depending upon sensor configuration.
- Rugged over-moulded polycarbonate housing provides unsurpassed durability, including ability to survive 3m drop; IP65-certified
- Field-proven integral pump provides consistent gas flow, eliminating concerns of externally-attached components.
- High performance XCell Sensors last longer:
- Typical life greater than 4 years for combustible, O2, CO/H2S, SO2, CO/NO2 and CO (high concentration) sensors.
- Typical life greater than 3 years for NH3 and Cl2 sensors.
- Most sensor response and clear times <15 seconds.
- Less calibration gas used:
- Requires about half of test gas typically used for calibration and bump tests.
- Rapid bump test gives results in less than 10 seconds for most common sensor configurations.
- Span calibration time of 60 seconds for most common sensor configurations.
The MSA GALAXY GX2 Automated Test System provides simple and intelligent testing and calibration of ALTAIR PRO and Altair 2X Single-Gas Detectors, as well as ALTAIR 4X/R and ALTAIR 5X/R Multi-gas Detectors. Driven by the MSA Altair technology available in any portable gas detector: MSA XCell Sensors.
This easy-to-use automated test stand offers high performance as either a stand-alone unit or an integrated portable detector management system, enabling total data access and control of MSA’s ALTAIR Gas Detector fleet.
Once any ALTAIR Family Gas Detector is placed within the GALAXY GX2 System, it can be tested, calibrated and charged automatically.* Flexibility allows for up to 10 test stations, four cylinder holders and multi-unit charger within one GALAXY GX2 System detector bank.
Don’t Leave Safety to Chance!
The GALAXY GX2 Automated Test System provides simple and intelligent testing and calibration of ALTAIR PRO Single-Gas Detectors, as well as ALTAIR 4X and ALTAIR 5X Multi-gas Detectors, driven by the MSA ALTAIR technology available in any portable gas detector:
Compliance, Traceability and Simplicity without Compromising Safety!
Ease of Use – Calibrate & Test Effortlessly
- Easy setup, simple use with touch-free testing.
- Colour touch screen enhances user experience at the test stand.
- Can be used with a PC or as a stand-alone system, the perfect solution for large fleet
end users, as well as for smaller applications.
- Automated test system and MSA Link™ Software (transfers portable gas detector records to a connected PC) provided as standard in many
commonly spoken languages.
- Your ALTAIR 4X and ALTAIR 5X Multigas Detectors are always ready for use.* If you’re faced with an urgent, short-notice situation, these units are ready for deployment, ideal for emergency applications.
Save Time, Save Gas & Save Money
Cost of Ownership
- Exceeds 50% reduction in cost of ownership,
including calibration gas expenses when
combined with high-performance MSA XCell Sensors.
- Faster total testing of ALTAIR Family Gas Detectors.
- Test up to 10 gas detectors simultaneously
in the time most competitive systems take to test one device.
- RFID-tagged calibration gas cylinders to help
ensure use of correct gas.
Advanced MSA Link Pro Software Analyze All Data, Any Time
MSA Link Pro Software lets you easily and proactively manage your gas detection fleet. Program offers efficient setup and configuration with dashboard alerts as to all conditions, as well as calibration gas and expiration warnings. Query data, print or save reports including gas exposures incidents; system can be set up to automatically send email exposure alerts. Generate session logs, including periodic as well as calibration and GALAXY GX2 System bank data. Program sends scheduled emails from master test stand based upon detector conditions and events. Directly input your data and filter results live.
Australia & New Zealand