FL500 UV-IR Flame Detector
FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector with false alarm immunity
The FL500 UV-IR Flame Detector monitors for radiation emitted by a flame in both the ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) spectral ranges. This UV/IR combination provides a fast response time and increased false alarm immunity against sources of radiation for reliable protection.
A UV/IR flame detector combines an ultraviolet sensor for quick response and an infrared detector that monitors radiation emitted by a flame. This combination offers increased immunity, operates at faster speeds and is suited for both indoor and outdoor use.
SAFETY INTEGRITY SELF-CHECK
Every two minutes, a built in self-check known as Continuous Optical Path Monitoring (COPM) performs an optical and electrical check to ensure the optical path is clear and the electronic circuitry is operational.
FALSE ALARM IMMUNITY
The FL500 UV/IR detector is designed to detect fires while maintaining false alarm immunity.
- Proven Technology. UV/IR flame detection uses an ultraviolet and an infrared detector to monitor for flames increasing false alarm immunity by measuring two different flame spectrums.
- FM Performance Approved. Seven fuel sources (heptane, methane, methanol, propane, ethane, butane, hydrogen) tested with verified field of view.
- Wide Field of View. 130° cone of vision covers greater distance.
- Safety Integrity Self-Check. Continuous Optical Path Monitoring (COPM) performs self-check every two minutes to ensure the optical path is clear and the electronic circuitry is functional.
- Test Anytime, Anywhere. Easily test with our exclusive TL105 Test Lamp that allows the FL500 UV/IR Flame Detector to be safely tested under real fire conditions with a simulated flicker of a flame.
- Withstands Extremes. Wide operating temperature range (-55°C to +85°C) permits operation in extreme environments.
- Status at a Glance. Three LED status indicators for warning, alarm, and normal operations.
- Rugged Housing. 316 stainless steel housing to withstand the harshest environments
- Multiple Output Options. Industry standard 4-20 mA (source or sink analog), Modbus, HART, relays
Download the FL500 UV-IR Flame Detector Brochure
TEST ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
Safely test your flame detector to ensure proper function and operation of your complete detection system. The FL500 and FL4000H can be tested with the explosion proof TL105 Test Lamp, which simulates the flickering of a fire and provides a high-energy, broadband radiation source that emits energy in both the ultraviolet and infrared spectra to safely activate our flame detectors. This allows the detector to be tested under real fire conditions without the associated risk of an open flame.
The FL4000H is a multi-spectrum infrared (MSIR) flame detector that provides superior false alarm immunity with the widest field of view. The FL4000H employs a multi-spectral optical IR sensing array with a sophisticated Neural Network Technology (NNT) system to reliably discriminate between actual flames and the vast majority of false alarm sources.
The TL105 is a battery operated test lamp designed specifically to test General Monitors Flame Detectors. The TL105 is an explosion-proof test lamp that can be used with the FL500 UV/IR, FL4000H MSIR flame detector as well as any of the FL3100 Series Flame Detectors. The TL105 operates up to 10 meters from the flame detector.